Categorically Modern

home projects, ponderings and happenings in beacon hill seattle.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

georgia on my mind

After 7 years since last owning a home, I finally took the plunge again. The lure of home projects, the smell of fresh latex paint rife with VOC and putting my hands in the dirt was pulling at my heart strings.  I went from 800 square feet in hot and dry rural Georgia to 2600 square feet in wet semi-cloudy Seattle.

Why start a blog? Mostly for myself to start a record of domestic bliss, but also to share with my friends and family, especially those separated by 3000 miles, what is happening in my world. My head is often swarming with thoughts of interior design, and RE-interior design, and "What if I change this around, or add this element" which is why I am making the blog public as well, because most people who look at these blogs are voyeuristic and love looking inside O.P.P.(other peoples projects). I have spent many hours looking on RedFin and Zillow enjoying the real estate images of all the interior spaces and yards and secretly tempted to pull some of these images to share with other people for all their mistakes! I can't believe that people still use doilies on the back of a sofa! I also hope to put other points of interest on here as well like highlights of Seattle life, the process of adoption my partner and I are working through and whatever seems post worthy to remember years down the row.

What a change, but definitely one my often sore back will have to get used to. Only been here for 2 1/2 months so far,  and have already changed a few things so far; mostly cosmetic and not to back breaking. I hope to catch people up with where things are and what is new and hopefully, get some great ideas on what to do as I start putting potential projects out there in cyberspace. 

To all my fams and friends in Georgia, wish you were here but I guess this will have to take the place for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment