Categorically Modern

home projects, ponderings and happenings in beacon hill seattle.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

ahhhhhhhhhh

Fresh off the internet.  I love that the city keeps all these old records!


I love the floor plan the city has for their records.  I hope this isn't the same plan the architect had to work with!  They are missing the entire basement on this one, but the gi-normous basement stretches the length of the entire house!  Storage, Storage, Storage!  Now I need a label maker for all the boxes and bins I will soon have all over the place!
The even have an image of the next door house that is so adorable!  When my parents finally visit this summer I will try to convince them they want to move in here so they can babysit our kid!  Come on Ma, you know you want to be Nana, right here!
Beacon Hill Farmland
One last gem I will leave you with today, is this pic taken in the late 1800's just a couple of blocks from our house!  I dont know how they figured out where this image was taken but it is just down the street and it was the original homesteader for this area.  After the area was logged away in the mid 1800's, it became what "God intended" for the white man. Manifest Destiny Farmland. Such a bucolic setting to build a farm on.  If you were to look off in the distance today, you would see the downtown Seattle skyline 3 miles North, to the West(left side of shot) you would see parts of Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mountains, and to the right, you would see the top of Beacon Hill. We live on one of the ridges of Beacon Hill, sort of a plateau, but definitely not the top. Just ask Bobcat(my BF) how it is to bike up.

No comments:

Post a Comment